School Council Rewilding Project
The School council have worked extremely hard this year and continue to make valid suggestions to the school. Changes have been implemented across the school, and the year councils will continue this great work this term.
One area that the school council wants to focus on is being more Eco-Friendly. There has already been some work completed and some that is in the pipeline.
- The area behind science is being rewilded. It will not be cut, and seeds to be planted are on their way.
- Posters are all around school advertising our rewilding.
- Bird feeders are up behind science and bird boxes have been ordered.
- Staff have been asked to turn off lights and projectors when not in use.
- The ponds are going to be cleaned up with a view to restocking with wildlife.
Moving forward, more decisions have to be made and implemented in our school, in our community, by us. In the first week of the Summer term there will be Eco specific assemblies aiming to form a school Eco committee to do exactly this. Parents’ / carers’ support would be gratefully received.
Mr Skelton and The School Council