Business is not part of the National Curriculum, however we follow the Edexcel syllabus and recommended SOL, teaching the GCSE and A level in chronological order. We use multimedia to ensure that all students are able to access the theory content, and clear sequenced topic booklets provide differentiation.
Amongst other things, pupils will:
- Understand how new business ideas are created (e.g. through changes in technology).
- Investigate real life businesses through project tasks in class.
- Be introduced to social enterprises.
- Study ethical and unethical behaviour.
- Study real life supply and demand issues.
- Study the impact of global pandemics on businesses.
- Study the impact of risk raking and rewards.
You can read our full curriculum overview here.